COVID-19 – Changes to our Dispensing Service
Our dispensing team are struggling to meet increased demand with reduced staffing levels. This means that there are some changes to the service which we provide which you need to be aware of. Please bear with us, this is for your safety.
Help us to help you:
- At the moment, prescriptions will only be able to be collected from our Helme Chase Dispensary
- Please allow a minimum of 4 full working days to process your prescription
- Please order your prescription online via Patient Access, or by putting your prescription in the box at Helme Chase. If you don’t have Patient Access please ask our Care Navigators to set you up
- If you pay for your prescriptions, please use contactless to pay where possible
- If your prescriptions are delivered to you please nominate a safe drop off point or keep a distance (2 metres) between yourself and our delivery driver
- Our delivery drivers are working really hard to keep up with the number of medication deliveries with reduced staffing levels. This means that we are unable to take on any new delivery patients at the moment
Thank you for your patience and support during these very challenging times.
How to Order your Prescription
You can order your Prescription via:
- Hand in your B-side, ticking each of the items you require
- Through your chemist of choice
- In person, at either site
Please note it takes a minimum of 2 working days for a repeat prescription request to be processed, and a little longer if you collect your medication from a Pharmacy.
If your prescription request is NOT on your repeat prescription, your request could take longer to process and the doctor may wish to speak with you.
Repeat prescriptions may have a review date printed on them. This review date is a reminder of when you should arrange an appointment to review your medication with a clinician. If you notice that your review date is approaching please speak to a member of the team who will arrange your appointment. In keeping with safe prescribing, if your medication review becomes overdue it may be necessary for us to reduce your prescriptions to weekly quantities, until you have your medication review.
Prescriptions can be collected from either our Helme Chase or Maude Street Surgery during opening hours, please note that the Helme Chase Dispensary closes at 6.30pm.
Contact us if you have any queries about your medication on 01539 718080 (Option 2)
Emergency Prescription Requests
Requests for medication that you need within 24 hours to prevent you from becoming severely unwell. Emergency medications include; epileptic medication, insulin, inhalers for lung conditions, emergency contraception and Epipen/Jext for anaphylaxis. Please make your request by calling us on 01539 718080 and select option 2, at the earliest opportunity.
Patients Travelling Abroad
Travelling out of the country for less than 3 months
We will provide sufficient medicines for an existing condition for the period you are away where it is safe to do so. Drugs that require frequent monitoring may not be prescribed where there are safety concerns.
Travelling out of the country for more than 3 months
Sufficient medication to enable you to make alternative arrangements at your destination (up to 3 months supply where safe to do so) will be prescribed.
For more information and our full policy please click here.
From 1st April 2020, prescriptions are charged at £9.15.
If you order 2 or more prescriptions per month, you may be able to save money by registering for a pre-payment certificate. Find out more here.