If you require urgent advice and medical assessment when we are closed, you can access the NHS 111 service by calling 111 or go online
In line with Government guidance:
- We are now asking ALL patients visiting our premises to wear a face covering when they are in the building
- We are operating a ‘total triage’ service, which means that we will assess every patient request by telephone, or online, before we can offer a face to face appointment
- If you turn up at the surgery without a pre-arranged appointment, unfortunately we will be unable to deal with your request
Please see our Covid-19 page, for more information.
How to access us
Please call, click, but do not come in without a pre-arranged appointment.
Call – Telephone 01539 718080 (option 1 for appointments & general enquiries, option 2 for medication queries.
Click – Register for AskMyGP Online
AskMyGP is now open from 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday – Friday, with the exception of bank holidays and training afternoons.
DO NOT Come In – Dur to Covid restrictions you will no longer be able to enter either of our buildings without an arranged appointment. If you need to contact us, please call us on 01539 718080 or use AskMyGP online (https://my.askmygp.uk/?c=A82026#/intro).
If you do have a pre-arranged face to face appointment, you will be asked to wear a face covering, our waiting rooms adhere to social distancing, and our clinical team will be wearing full PPE when they see you. These measures are in place to keep you and our team safe.
Covid-19 and Routine Face to Face Appointments
- We are triaging every request for an appointment, before anyone attends the Practice.
- We are reducing the amount of face to face appointments, and increasing the number of telephone appointments available – unless you really need to be seen, you will be offered a telephone consultation.
- We have turned off text message appointment reminders, as this has been causing some confusion for some patients. We will turn these back on when the time is right.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) you must follow the governments advice and self isolate. Please do NOT attend the practice or any other healthcare setting.
If you deteriorate then you should contact NHS 111 online coronavirus service for further help. Go to 111.nhs.uk or contact NHS 111 by dialling 111. You will get a faster response using the online option. Check online at GOV.UK and at NHS.UK for advice on your travel and contact history and the latest COVID-19 information before attending the practice.
Evening and Weekend Appointments
In partnership with your GP and Cumbria Health on Call (who provide the out of hours service) we are offering evening and weekend appointments at Westmorland General Hospital and Furness General Hospital. You can be seen by a GP, Practice Nurse or Health Care Assistant who have access to your medical records and who can provide the same service as your usual GP. To book one of these appointments please call us on 01539 718080 or call them directly on 03000 247 247.
If you wish to be accompanied by a chaperone for any consultation, examination or procedure please let a receptionist or the doctor or nurse involved know. If there is no chaperone available, you may be asked to re-schedule your appointment.
Our Doctors and Nurse Practitioners are happy to see patients at home who are too ill or too disabled to attend the surgery. Any requests for home visits should be made by 10.30am.
No Longer Need Your Appointment?
If you no longer need your appointment, please let us know at the earliest opportunity. Releasing this appointment back into the system, will mean it is available for someone who really needs it.
Please call us on 01539 718080, or text “CANCEL” to your appointment reminder message.
Appointment Reminder Service
We have a free text messaging service to remind you of any appointments that you have made, you will receive a text message the day before your appointment and you can text back to cancel it if you can no longer attend.
If you would like to receive reminders please complete the form below and hand it in to a member of the reception team.