How do I cancel an appointment?

Please let us know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment by:

  • Calling us on 01539 718080 (option 1)
  • Texting back with just the word CANCEL to your appointment reminder text message
  • Through your online account
How do I update my details?

Please let us know as soon as possible if you change your address, telephone number, email address or name. It is very important that we have up to date contact details. Please keep us informed by:

  • Calling us on 01539 718080 (option 1)
  • Visiting either surgery and speaking to one of our Front of House team
  • Update your contact details through your online account
How do I give my feedback?

We collect patient feedback via the NHS Friends and Family test, please click on the ‘NHS Friends and Family Test’ link on the home page. Alternatively you can send your feedback to Mrs Victoria Taylor, Patient Services Manager, at the Helme Chase Surgery address.

How do I make a complaint?

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the Practice, please let us know. Any complaints should be made, in writing, to our Practice Business Manager, Mr Adrian Eglington, at the Helme Chase Surgery address.

When do I need a sickness certificate?

If illness prevents you from being able to perform your duties at work, you usually need to provide your employer with a sickness certificate. You may self-certify for the first week of your absence, these certificates can be collected from the reception desk or downloaded from the ‘patient forms’ section of this website.

If your illness is more long lasting, you may need to see a GP or Nurse Practitioner. The GP or Nurse Practitioner with whom you have consulted regarding your illness will discuss sick leave with you and provide you with the appropriate sickness certificate.

Is there car parking?

Car parking for patients is available at Helme Chase Surgery.

Please allow extra time to park as spaces are limited and fill up quickly during peak times, and you may need to find alternative parking off site.

Patients needing to park their vehicles to attend Maude Street Surgery will find on road or multi-storey car parking nearby

What happens if I am referred to see a specialist?

Please read this leaflet produced by NHS England, which describes what you can expect to happen when your GP refers you to see a specialist or consultant, at a hospital or a community health centre.

What happens when I am referred?

How do I find out who is my registered GP?

Every patient of the Practice has a registered accountable GP who is responsible for their care. You are entitled to see which ever clinician you would like. If you would like to find out who your registered GP is, please ask at reception.

I no longer need my walking aids, what do I do with them?

You can give them back to the hospital and they will clean and re-use them.

Find out more here – Mobility Aids

Age UK accept Zimmer frames, walking stick and two tiered trollies. Unfortunately they don’t accept raised toilet seats, perching stools, commodes, bath aids etc due to hygiene reasons. Contact them on 01539 740657.