Services for Young People
If you are a young person & find yourself feeling down or under pressure – help is available.
Please consider contacting the following support services if you need someone to talk to about how you are feeling:
- Kooth – Offer free online counselling for children and young people, accessible through mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Papyrus – Papyrus are the national charity for the prevention of young suicide.
- Samaritans – The Samaritans offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal.
- Childline – Child Line is a free 24-hour counselling service for children and young people up to their 19th birthday.
- Young Minds – Young Minds is a charity championing the wellbeing and mental health of young people.
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM), a campaign aimed at bringing the suicide rate down among men.
- Harmless – Harmless is a user led organisation that provides a range of services about self harm including support, information, training and consultancy to people who self harm, their friends and families and professionals.
- Winston’s Wish – Winston’s Wish is the UK’s childhood bereavement charity.
Also consider speaking to someone you trust such as a friend, family member, teacher or GP.